Based on ALARM’s National performance model for risk management in public services (2009), benchmarking focuses on seven defined strands of risk management activity:
- Leadership and management
- Strategy and policy
- Partnership, shared risks and resources
- Processes and tools
- Risk handling and assurance
- Outcomes and delivery.
How it works
Risk management is graded on a five-point scale from 1 which is a basic level of awareness to 5, which is fully embedded risk management within the organisation - influencing how decisions are made and how it's managed internally.
We issue a report to club members showing how members' assessments compare.
So, what are the benefits?
Benchmarking allows your organisation to:
- Assess your organisation against the national standard and compare performance with others
- Track and record your changes in performance over time
- Identify risks similar organisations include in their strategic risk registers
- Provide evidence of assurance to audit to committees and senior management
- Identify how others successfully facilitate risk management
- Inform annual risk management plans
- Share best practice and learn from fellow risk professionals
- Receive an automatically populated action plan as you complete the exercise
- Gather clear and simple reports online.
Please not that admissions for 2018 are now closed, please continue to check our website for 2019 open dates.
- Deadline to return application form - Friday 29 June 2018
- Questionnaire distribution - Friday 27 July 2018
- Data to be returned to CIPFA - Friday 7 September 2018
- CIPFA draft reports available - Friday 12 October 2018
- CIPFA final reports sent to participants - Friday 9 November 2018.
So, how much does it cost? The member or non-member fee depends on the size of your organisation. Please see the full breakdown below.
As always, if you have any queries get in touch with the ALARM office today - we'd be happy to assist you.
|Size of organisation
|1 - 1,000 employees
Please note that fees include:
- Clear and simple data collection
- A telephone helpline and email service
- Detailed comparative reports and interactive tools
- Online access to all outputs
- A place at review meetings.
Sounds great, how do I join?
New admissions closed on 29 June 2018 but please continue to check our website for 2019 applications details which will be listed soon.