About the sector
Over 1,700 registered providers own or manage social housing in the UK, ensuring the provision of affordable accommodation. Registered providers are navigating their way through a risk heavy landscape; including rent reductions continuing to challenge income and margins, and Government policy on the development of new homes, heightening the need to increase output and cross subsidise business plans.
We work closely with the Regulator of Social Housing (formerly the Homes and Communities Agency) which oversees the activities of providers, to bring our members the most up-to-date guidance, training opportunities and support in operational risk.
We are dedicated to:
- Protecting social housing assets
- Ensuring providers are financially viable and well governed
- Maintaining the confidence of lenders to invest in the sector
- Encouraging and supporting the supply of social housing
- Ensuring tenants are protected and have opportunities to be involved in the management of their housing
- Ensuring value for money in service delivery
- Delivering events to meet the educational needs of members working in the sector
- Exhibiting at sector specific events to raise the profile of ALARM
- Producing articles for our member journal
- Engaging with members to build the housing focus group committee
- Working with stakeholders to highlight topical issues to members within housing.
Focus on the coming year
In addition to the two face-to-face events delivered each year, to meet the educational needs of members working in the sector, our priorities for 2018/19 are to:
- Exhibit at sector specific events to raise the profile of ALARM
- Produce articles for tour member journal
- Engage with members to build the housing focus group committee
- Engage with stakeholders to highlight topical issues to members within housing.
We look forward to keeping all of our members updated on our future work, particularly in operational risk, emerging risk and community risk, as well as other challenges they may face.
If you would like any further information on how we aim to assist Housing members, please get in touch with Chris Walker at email@example.com