Entries must be received by 5pm on Friday 1 December 2023. Late entries will not be considered, unless the entry date is extended by ALARM.
There is an opportunity to upload supporting evidence to your entries. These are limited to infographics, images and technical documents such as risk registers. Long form text documents will not be read by judges. All supporting evidence must be clearly labelled, referenced and explained in your entry.
Your organisation must fall under one of the following categories:
- Local government - councils, unitary, mayoral offices, combined and devolved authorities
- Blue light - police, crime commissioner offices, fire & rescue services, and ambulance services
- Education - schools, colleges, universities, and exam boards
- Central and devolved government departments and agencies
- Health & social care - NHS trusts, GP surgeries, and care providers
- Housing - registered providers of social housing, arm's length management organisations, for-profit housing providers, and councils
- Third sector - charities and not-for-profit organisations
- Other organisations commissioned to provide services to communities and citizens.
Rising Star Award
You must be a full member of ALARM at time of entry to enter the Rising Star Award.
ALARM Board Directors are not eligible to enter themselves for the Rising Star Award.
Professional of the Year Award
You must be a full member of ALARM at time of entry to enter the Professional of the Year Award.
ALARM Board Directors are not eligible to enter themselves for the Professional of the Year Award.
The winner of the Professional of the Year Award will be invited to attend the 2024 PRIMA Conference from 1 to 5 June in Seattle, Washington. Travel, accommodation and food expenses will be covered by ALARM. The winner will be required to deliver a workshop session at the Conference.
The winner will be required to produce an account of their experience and professional learnings, to be published in stronger, ALARM's member journal, and shared by Risk Management Partners as sponsors of the Award.
Team of the Year Award
A representative from your organisation must be a full member of ALARM at time of entry to enter the Team of the Year Award.
ALARM committee groups are not eligible to enter the Team of the Year Award.
ALARM and sponsoring partners reserve the right to withdraw the presentation of any Award at any time.
Publishing of entries
In the interest of promoting good practice, ALARM reserves the right to publish entries in full or in summary and produce feature articles based on entry content, on our website and other media channels.
Winners will be required to present a workshop session at an ALARM event or produce an article about their entry.
Photos of winners accepting their award at the ALARM Risk Awards will be used for ALARM publicity.
Risk Awards dinner attendance
Attendance at the Risk Awards dinner is FREE for ALARM full, named members. Successful finalists will be allocated two dinner tickets. Other individuals will need to purchase a ticket for £125 +VAT.