We provide our members with outstanding support to achieve professional excellence including education, training, guidance and best practice, information and insight, networking, and industry recognition for excellence across risk management.
With over 900 members, ALARM is unique in that it is run by members, for members, so everyone can get involved.
The terms risk management and management of risk are used for consistency in this plan, and it is recognised that a number of other professions fall within this scope.
Membership is available to anyone with a responsibility for (but not limited to) risk, insurance, business continuity, emergency planning, governance, health & safety, assurance, audit and anti-fraud, across the following:
- Local government - councils, unitary, mayoral offices, combined and devolved authorities
- Blue light - police, crime commissioner offices, fire & rescue services, and ambulance services
- Education - schools, colleges, universities, and exam boards
- Central and devolved government departments and agencies
- Health & social care - NHS trusts, GP surgeries, and care providers
- Housing - registered providers, arm's length management organisations, for-profit housing providers, and councils
- Third sector - charities and not-for-profit organisations
- Other organisations commissioned to provide services to communities and citizens.
OUR KEY STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- Be a highly valued, respected and influential professional membership association to members and other stakeholders.
- Address the needs of the risk practitioners in their professional development and recognise excellence in their use of risk management.
- Sustain and build membership across all of our portfolio.
- Be recognised as an excellent provider of risk management guidance and best practice products and services.
- Be a responsible, resilient and sustainable organisation.
ALARM sets the professional standard on what strong risk management looks like. The purpose of ALARM is to help risk practitioners be the best in their roles, develop professionally, and support their organisations in embracing risk. ALARM also represents members and lobbies on their behalf across all elements of risk management in the UK.