We provide our members with outstanding support to achieve professional excellence, including education, training, guidance, networking, and industry recognition for best practice across risk management and related services.
With over 1,000 members, ALARM is unique in that it is run by members, for members, so everyone can get involved. Membership is available to anyone with a responsibility for (but not limited to) risk, insurance, business continuity, emergency response, governance, health & safety, assurance, audit and anti-fraud, across the following:
- Local government - councils, unitary and devolved authorities
- Blue light - police, fire & rescue, ambulance services, and NHS trusts
- Education - schools, colleges, universities, and exam boards
- Central government departments and agencies
- Housing - registered providers of social housing, arm's length management organisations, for-profit housing providers, and councils
- Third sector - charities and not-for-profit organisations
- Other organisations commissioned to provide services to communities and citizens.
OUR KEY STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- Be a highly valued, respected and influential professional membership association to members and other stakeholders.
- Be a resilient and sustainable business.
- Deliver on member and other stakeholder promises and offers with an ambition to exceed them.
ALARM sets the professional standard on what strong risk management looks like. The purpose of ALARM is to help risk practitioners be the best in their roles, develop professionally, and support their organisations in embracing risk.